Monday, November 11, 2013

Angola Independence Day

 Happy 38th year of Independence Angola!  Every year the Consulate General of Angola in
Houston,  through a party to celebrate the years of Angola Independence and they always invite the most talented and popular artist for the event. This year was no different, Yola Semedo, and Nagrelha (Os Lambas) were the artists invite for Angola 38th year of Independence. 
I've been attending  for the past three years, but this years' event was the one I most looked forward to. Yola Semedo happens to be one of my favorite Angolan artists she is an inspiration to a lot of young artists in Angola; However, Nagrelha is called "The entertainer" his popularity grows tremendously in my language "parece capim" Nagrelha has taken "Kuduro" to a whole new level. For those of you who don't know "Kuduro" is a very popular dance in Angola and its beats are being spread through the world (go to youtube) and you will understand what I'm talking about. I've heard many rumors about Nagrelha's shows but never experienced myself it is really what people say you can't stop moving its very exciting and I've enjoyed every part of it. I've recorded a few parts of the show that I'll be posting on Facebook.com/fromcheaptochik. With that said, I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you
Flavia Dos Santos
































I was wearing:
Forever21: Blouse
Virgos Lounge: Nadia Skirt  (Here)
Chanel:  Clutch
Christian Louboutin:  Bis Un bout (Sold out) options (Here)

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...